Exploring Your Options
While plastic surgery and non-surgical treatments should never be a substitute for a healthy lifestyle, the plastic surgeons of Pittman Plastic Surgery offer our patients several body contouring procedures to help them achieve their aesthetic goals. To help you plan to reach those cosmetic goals in the coming year, we’ve provided a cheat sheet of body contouring procedures that can help you achieve your desired silhouette in the upcoming year.
CoolSculpting® Fat Freezing
Problem: Small belly pooch, back bulge, muffin top, or love handles
Solution: For those areas that just don’t seem to quite fit into clothes like they used to, but don’t warrant surgical attention, we offer patients Athens’ only CoolSculpting® non-surgical fat reduction machine. CoolSculpting® uses cold temperatures to injure fat cells beyond viability that the body gradually dispels following 1-2 short 1-hour treatments; CoolSculpting® has been shown to reduce fat in a treatment area by an average of 25%.
Problem: Small, isolated deposits of fat just below the skin on the hips, thighs, abdomen, arms, back, flanks, neck, and other areas.
Solution: Under anesthesia in Pittman Plastic Surgery’s AAAHC Accredited Surgical Suite, Dr. Ed Pittman or Dr. Venditto make tiny incisions (typically less than 1/4”) to access the treatment area and inject a solution of anesthetic and adrenaline to limit post-operative bruising and swelling.
Once the sterile tumescent fluid is injected, a thin hollow metal tube is used to suction the undesired fat from the body. Most liposuction patients are able to return to normal activities within a couple of weeks following their procedure. The prescribed aftercare instructions should be followed and compression undergarments should be worn to limit swelling and maximize results.
Problem: Loose skin and excess fat isolated to the lower abdomen as the result of pregnancy or dramatic weight loss.
Solution: Performed in our accredited surgical suite, Dr. Pittman and Dr. Venditto make an incision between the hip bones to excise the loose skin and access the underlying abdominal muscles for tightening. If needed, liposuction may also be used during tummy tuck surgery to contour the treatment area for a more proportional result.
Most tummy tuck patients require several weeks of recuperation; however, the results can be dramatic. Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is also often included in combination procedures such as mommy makeover surgery. For the latest body contouring and plastic surgery news, make sure to also connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- CoolSculpting and popsicles
- What Can I Expect During and After CoolSculpting Treatments?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Do You Get Rid of Stomach Fat?
- Is There Any Downtime with Body Contouring?
- Is There Any Downtime with CoolSculpting?
- What’s the Cost of CoolSculpting for Men?
- 3 Ways CoolSculpting Will Change Your Life in 2019
- What is the Best System for Non-Surgical Body Contouring?
- Reduce the Appearance of Turkey Neck With This Non-Surgical Procedure
- Will CoolSculpting Help Me Lose Weight?
- How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
- Do I Have Time to See the Results of CoolSculpting Before the Holidays?
- What Is the Best Treatment For Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What Are My Options for Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What is the Best Way to Reduce a Double Chin?
- The Top Five Things You Need to Know About CoolSculpting Before You Try It
- CoolSculpting Reduces Unwanted Fat Without Surgery, Anesthesia, or Downtime
- CoolSculpting Non-Surgical Fat Reduction Proven Safe and Effective
- We Now Offer DualSculpting™ for Faster Fat Reduction Treatments
- Pittman Plastic Surgery First Practice in Athens to Offer CoolSculpting® Non-Surgical Fat Reduction