What is CoolSculpting?
As we prepare for bikini season, many of us are concerned with areas of unwanted fat. While body contouring procedures like liposuction or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) can eliminate stubborn fat, some patients may not be ready for comprehensive surgery or the downtime associated with these procedures. At Pittman Plastic Surgery, Athens plastic surgeon Dr. Ed Pittman offers FDA-cleared CoolSculpting® non-surgical fat reduction as an alternative to traditional body contouring. CoolSculpting® does not require anesthesia, sutures, compression garments, needles, or any downtime to treat unwanted fat in problem areas like the abdomen, flanks, or lower back.
Using a process called Cryolipolysis™, CoolSculpting® externally applies extreme cold temperatures to targeted areas of fat, freezing and damaging fat cells. After the procedure, the body naturally and safely expels the treated fat cells through the lymphatic system. Performed in-office, many patients bring their laptops, tablets, and books to view as they relax in our private CoolSculpting® room. Patients can immediately return to regular activity afterward and have reported up to a 40 percent fat reduction within 2-4 months following treatment.
The procedure typically takes about an hour per treatment area. However, for patients treating two areas such as both flanks or both sides of the lower back, Pittman Plastic Surgery offers DualSculpting™ to expedite treatment times. DualSculpting™ uses two CoolSculpting applicators to treat both areas simultaneously. While one treatment shows significant fat reduction results, additional treatments can be performed to maximize results.
Our Master CoolSculpting Specialist, Susan, meets with each patient to determine suitable treatment areas and to thoroughly explain the process of CoolSculpting®. While this procedure safely reduces fat, we remind patients that CoolSculpting® is not a weight loss solution. If you are interested in CoolSculpting® or any other non-surgical or surgical cosmetic procedure, please contact us today to schedule a consultation. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more news and updates on plastic surgery.
Take the Next Step
To learn if you’re a candidate for any of these feminine wellness and health treatments, schedule your consultation at Pittman Plastic Surgery in Athens, GA. Pittman Plastic Surgery serves the northeast Athens metro region. (706) 549-3203
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- CoolSculpting and popsicles
- What Can I Expect During and After CoolSculpting Treatments?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Do You Get Rid of Stomach Fat?
- Is There Any Downtime with Body Contouring?
- Is There Any Downtime with CoolSculpting?
- What’s the Cost of CoolSculpting for Men?
- 3 Ways CoolSculpting Will Change Your Life in 2019
- What is the Best System for Non-Surgical Body Contouring?
- Reduce the Appearance of Turkey Neck With This Non-Surgical Procedure
- Will CoolSculpting Help Me Lose Weight?
- How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
- Do I Have Time to See the Results of CoolSculpting Before the Holidays?
- What Is the Best Treatment For Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What Are My Options for Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What is the Best Way to Reduce a Double Chin?
- The Top Five Things You Need to Know About CoolSculpting Before You Try It
- CoolSculpting Non-Surgical Fat Reduction Proven Safe and Effective
- We Now Offer DualSculpting™ for Faster Fat Reduction Treatments
- Popular Body Contouring Procedures
- Pittman Plastic Surgery First Practice in Athens to Offer CoolSculpting® Non-Surgical Fat Reduction