Is CoolSculpting Safe?
Through past body contouring blogs and previous Pittman Plastic Surgery events, you may be familiar with CoolSculpting® non-surgical fat reduction. While many patients concerned with areas of unwanted fat commonly request procedures such as liposuction or tummy tuck surgery to help them achieve their aesthetic goals, some patients may not be ready for comprehensive surgery or the associated downtime. With CoolSculpting®, patients can reduce up to 20% of fat without surgery, anesthesia, incisions, or needles, while eliminating downtime. While this non-invasive procedure is seemingly too good to be true, recent studies published in the August issue of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal have proven the technology behind CoolSculpting® is safe and effective for reducing fat.
Using a process called Cryolipolysis™, CoolSculpting® externally uses extremely cold temperatures to target treatment areas to freeze and break up fat cells. After the procedure, the body will naturally dispose of the affected fat cells through the lymphatic system. In the study, plastic surgeons conducted a large review of 528 consecutive CoolSculpting® patients over the course of two years. Each patient in the study showed a significant reduction in subcutaneous fat, fat that sits just beneath the skin and above the muscle, with a high level of patient satisfaction and only three reported cases of discomfort.
CoolSculpting at Pittman Plastic Surgery
At Pittman Plastic Surgery, our Master CoolSculpting Specialist, Susan Pittman, performs CoolSculpting® procedures in our private treatment room at our Athens office. Patients can relax during treatments and even read a book or magazine, work from a tablet or laptop, and watch a movie or show. Each procedure usually requires about an hour per treatment area. For patients treating two areas such as both flanks, both sides of the lower back, or arms, we offer DualSculpting™ to expedite treatment times. Patients can immediately return to regular activity following treatment and can expect full CoolSculpting® fat reduction results within 2-4 months as the body gradually eliminates fat cells.
CoolSculpting® has been FDA-cleared to treat the abdomen and flanks (“love handles”) and can be used for other areas such as the thighs, arms, bra area, and back. Prior to each treatment, Northeast Georgia’s First Master CoolSculpting Specialist, Susan Pittman, meets with each patient to determine treatment areas and to explain the cooling process of Cryolipolysis™. They also remind patients that CoolSculpting® should not be a weight loss solution and that a healthy lifestyle is essential to maintain results.
If you are interested in CoolSculpting® non-surgical fat reduction or any other cosmetic procedure, please contact us today to schedule a consultation. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay abreast of news and upcoming events.
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- CoolSculpting and popsicles
- What Can I Expect During and After CoolSculpting Treatments?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Do You Get Rid of Stomach Fat?
- Is There Any Downtime with Body Contouring?
- Is There Any Downtime with CoolSculpting?
- What’s the Cost of CoolSculpting for Men?
- 3 Ways CoolSculpting Will Change Your Life in 2019
- What is the Best System for Non-Surgical Body Contouring?
- Reduce the Appearance of Turkey Neck With This Non-Surgical Procedure
- Will CoolSculpting Help Me Lose Weight?
- How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
- Do I Have Time to See the Results of CoolSculpting Before the Holidays?
- What Is the Best Treatment For Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What Are My Options for Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What is the Best Way to Reduce a Double Chin?
- The Top Five Things You Need to Know About CoolSculpting Before You Try It
- CoolSculpting Reduces Unwanted Fat Without Surgery, Anesthesia, or Downtime
- We Now Offer DualSculpting™ for Faster Fat Reduction Treatments
- Popular Body Contouring Procedures
- Pittman Plastic Surgery First Practice in Athens to Offer CoolSculpting® Non-Surgical Fat Reduction