Downtime and Body Contouring
Are you interested in losing inches and reducing stubborn fat, but not sure if you have the time to devote to recovery?
Surprisingly, not all body contouring treatments require significant downtime; take a look at the most common recovery times associated with our most popular body contouring treatments.
Downtime of CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting – an FDA-approved non-surgical treatment to reduce and remove stubborn fat cells – is a great option for patients who want to lose inches without surgery. There’s no downtime needed after your one-hour CoolSculpting session; however, you may experience mild side effects, like swelling and redness at the treatment site.
Recovery for Liposuction
Liposuction is still one of the most popular surgical body contouring options, and for good reason: it delivers exceptional results and can target fat better than many other treatments. However, it does come with a dose of downtime. Most patients can expect to take about a week off from work to recover from surgery, as well as spend the next two to three weeks wearing a compression garment to help reduce swelling. Results are usually visible about eight to twelve weeks after surgery.
Downtime for Kybella
If you have a double chin, Kybella may be a great solution for you. This injection uses deoxycholic acid to damage submental fat cells, which are then naturally removed from the body. Since Kybella is an injection, there’s no downtime associated with the treatment. Side effects can include mild bruising and redness at the injection site, as well as temporary swelling.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn which body contouring treatment is right for you? Schedule your consultation at Pittman Plastic Surgery in Athens, GA. Pittman Plastic Surgery serves the Athens metro region. (706) 549-3203
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- CoolSculpting and popsicles
- What Can I Expect During and After CoolSculpting Treatments?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Do You Get Rid of Stomach Fat?
- Is There Any Downtime with CoolSculpting?
- What’s the Cost of CoolSculpting for Men?
- 3 Ways CoolSculpting Will Change Your Life in 2019
- What is the Best System for Non-Surgical Body Contouring?
- Reduce the Appearance of Turkey Neck With This Non-Surgical Procedure
- Will CoolSculpting Help Me Lose Weight?
- How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
- Do I Have Time to See the Results of CoolSculpting Before the Holidays?
- What Is the Best Treatment For Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What Are My Options for Non-Surgical Fat Reduction?
- What is the Best Way to Reduce a Double Chin?
- The Top Five Things You Need to Know About CoolSculpting Before You Try It
- CoolSculpting Reduces Unwanted Fat Without Surgery, Anesthesia, or Downtime
- CoolSculpting Non-Surgical Fat Reduction Proven Safe and Effective
- We Now Offer DualSculpting™ for Faster Fat Reduction Treatments
- Popular Body Contouring Procedures
- Pittman Plastic Surgery First Practice in Athens to Offer CoolSculpting® Non-Surgical Fat Reduction