Is Botox actually safe?
Botox is more than just a solution for wrinkles and fine lines; it’s also one of the most popular anti-aging treatments available on the market today.
In fact, it’s estimated that over seven million Botox treatments were performed in the United States in 2018 alone!
But with all this popularity comes questions, especially around the efficacy and safety of Botox injections. This is why we’re here to answer one of the most popular questions we get asked during Botox consultations:
Botox and Safety
If you’re worried, you can breathe a sigh of relief: Botox is indeed safe. In fact, Botox was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) back in 2002, with clinical research and trials continuing to this day.
And in the time it took to test the safety and efficacy of Botox (which lasted from 1989 to 2003), only 36 adverse cases were reported out of thousands of cases.
However, while Botox is considered safe, it’s still important to have the treatment performed by a highly trained, certified Allergan injector. That’s because these professionals best understand your facial structure and how your muscles may react to certain amounts of Botox.
What Else Can Botox Do?
As it turns out, Botox is an excellent solution for a myriad of health issues. During clinical Botox trials, researchers discovered that individuals who received Botox injections were much less likely to experience hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and/or migraines.
That’s why Botox isn’t just FDA-approved for forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet; it’s also FDA-approved for excessive sweating and as a migraine treatment!
Take the Next Step
Want to chat more about your concerns or questions about Botox? Schedule your consultation in Athens, GA. Pittman Plastic Surgery serves the Athens metro region. (706) 549-3203
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- How much does Botox cost?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Can I Reduce Wrinkles Without Needing Surgery?
- The 411 on the Non-Surgical Facelift
- Botox vs. Juvederm: Which One is Better?
- What is Unique About the Injection Specialists at Pittman Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Know I’m Going to the Right Place for My Botox Injections?
- Is a Liquid Facelift Possible?
- Top 3 Non-Surgical Procedures to Look My Best This Holiday Season
- 5 Things to Know About Brotox
- How Often Will I Need Botox Treatments to Maintain My Results?
- Love Your Lips, Lose Your Lines: Which Injectable is Right For You?
- What is the Difference Between Botox and Dermal Fillers?
- “Brotox” and Men’s Plastic Surgery
- Non-Surgical Procedures for your Face
- Botox® Cosmetic as Early Preventative Wrinkle Treatments