Can Botox Prevent Wrinkles?
Botox® Cosmetic has remained the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment with over 6.1 million procedures performed in 2012, according to the latest statistics by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
As an anti-aging treatment, Botox® is a short series of injections of a purified protein, which temporarily relaxes wrinkle-causing facial muscles. While many middle-aged patients seek Botox® to reduce their wrinkles and lines, younger patients are also choosing this minimally invasive treatment as a preventative measure for early wrinkles and fine lines.
Younger patients have begun seeking Botox® treatments to deter early signs of aging along the forehead and eye area. Small lines can begin forming crow’s feet near the eyes and frown lines can begin appearing between the eyes before a patient reaches middle age. Dr. Pittman shares, “We see a wide age range of both men and women for Botox® injections.
These patients are seeking the subtle, yet noticeable wrinkle reduction with no downtime.” Lines begin to form in the skin because of repeated muscle movement. In younger patients with very active muscles, these visible signs of wrinkles can occur sooner than others.
Different factors such as repeated facial expressions, sun exposure, and age can all affect a patient’s appearance. Botox® reduces the appearance of current signs of aging as well as prevents further wrinkling with maintenance treatments. While Botox® specifically targets the upper third of the face, dermal fillers are also available at Pittman Plastic Surgery to address lost volume and deeper wrinkles in other areas of the face.
However, Botox® treatments last up to 4 months on average, so a patient will need approximately 3 treatments a year to maintain their results. It is also common for cosmetic patients to have Botox® to maintain their facial plastic surgery results. Dr. Chelsea Venditto and Charlotte Sims, CANS Injector, BSN, MSN administer Botox® and will meet with each patient to discuss areas of concern and the proper treatment plan.
To determine if Botox® would be an effective treatment for your cosmetic concerns, schedule your consultation at our Athens office today. As a popular facial rejuvenation treatment, Botox® is often featured in our monthly specials, so be sure to check frequently for savings. For the latest special updates and plastic surgery news, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- How much does Botox cost?
- Is Botox Safe?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Can I Reduce Wrinkles Without Needing Surgery?
- The 411 on the Non-Surgical Facelift
- Botox vs. Juvederm: Which One is Better?
- What is Unique About the Injection Specialists at Pittman Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Know I’m Going to the Right Place for My Botox Injections?
- Is a Liquid Facelift Possible?
- Top 3 Non-Surgical Procedures to Look My Best This Holiday Season
- 5 Things to Know About Brotox
- How Often Will I Need Botox Treatments to Maintain My Results?
- Love Your Lips, Lose Your Lines: Which Injectable is Right For You?
- What is the Difference Between Botox and Dermal Fillers?
- “Brotox” and Men’s Plastic Surgery
- Non-Surgical Procedures for Your Face