Medical Aesthetic Options for Men
When you think of plastic surgery and cosmetic skin treatments, most people think of women. While the majority of cosmetic surgery patients are female, 91% according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ 2011 procedural statistics, a growing number of men are also pursuing treatments to maintain their youth and help them look their best.
According to the most recent ASPS statistics, over 200,000 cosmetic procedures have been performed on men within the last recorded year. The most popular male plastic surgery procedures included nose reshaping (rhinoplasty), eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), and liposuction. While there have been numerous speculations as to the reasons for this uptick in male procedures, the most common includes the sluggish economy necessitating employees to remain in the workforce longer.
Dr. Ed Pittman enjoys serving Athens’ diverse patient population, both men and women. Dr. Pittman says after over 20 years of practice experience, he is also noticing that more and more men are pursuing non-surgical treatments like Botox® for wrinkles (commonly referred to as “Brotox” in the media when performed on male patients) and CoolSculpting® non-surgical fat reduction.
“A lot of men are starting to realize the benefits of cosmetic treatments and the increased efficacy and efficiency of non-surgical options. With the increased coverage of anti-aging treatments and plastic surgery in the media, more and more men are opening up to the idea of rejuvenation,” shares Dr. Pittman.
The Pittman Plastic Surgery team offers a diverse range of anti-aging procedures customized to each patient’s unique needs. Because there are anatomical differences in men and women, it’s helpful to undergo surgery with a plastic surgeon who has experience performing specialized male and female plastic surgery techniques. To learn more about the cosmetic treatment options available at Pittman Plastic Surgery, visit our website or schedule your consultation today. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest plastic surgery news.
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- How much does Botox cost?
- Is Botox Safe?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Can I Reduce Wrinkles Without Needing Surgery?
- The 411 on the Non-Surgical Facelift
- Botox vs. Juvederm: Which One is Better?
- What is Unique About the Injection Specialists at Pittman Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Know I’m Going to the Right Place for My Botox Injections?
- Is a Liquid Facelift Possible?
- Top 3 Non-Surgical Procedures to Look My Best This Holiday Season
- 5 Things to Know About Brotox
- How Often Will I Need Botox Treatments to Maintain My Results?
- Love Your Lips, Lose Your Lines: Which Injectable is Right For You?
- What is the Difference Between Botox and Dermal Fillers?
- Non-Surgical Procedures for your Face
- Botox® Cosmetic as Early Preventative Wrinkle Treatments