Breast Lift vs. Breast Augmentation
Athens Plastic Surgeon Dr. Ed Pittman often sees many patients for breast procedures such as breast augmentation, breast lift, and breast reconstruction. While patients seek to enhance or correct the appearance of their breasts, they’re often unsure which cosmetic procedure will meet their aesthetic goals and needs. One of the most frequently discussed topics during consultations at Pittman Plastic Surgery is the difference between the two well-known cosmetic breast procedures, breast lift, and breast augmentation.
Each patient has different aesthetic goals as some may want to increase the size and volume of their breasts while others want to address sagging. Breast augmentation is performed by surgically inserting implants to enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. Patients can choose between saline, silicone, and highly cohesive silicone gel implants.
Saline and silicone implants are both made of a silicone elastomer shell filled with either a sterile saline solution or silicone gel that is consistent with human fat. Highly cohesive silicone gel implants, also known as “gummy bear implants,” are form-stable implants with a textured silicone outer shell. All of these options are FDA-approved and available at Pittman Plastic Surgery for breast augmentation.
For women looking to restore a more youthful, elevated appearance, Dr. Pittman and Dr. Venditto perform a breast lift (mastopexy). Pregnancy, breastfeeding, gravity, and aging can all cause breasts to lose their firmness and shape over time. During a breast lift procedure, excess skin is removed and breast tissue is tightened to reposition the breasts. Depending on the patient’s needs, Dr. Pittman and Dr. Skowronski may also reposition the nipple and/or areola for a proportionate result.
Breast Lift and Augmentation Combination
While both of these cosmetic breast procedures address different concerns, it is possible to combine both procedures for overall rejuvenation. Since a breast lift does not address the size and volume of breasts, many patients may choose an augmentation or breast reduction in addition to a lift.
If you are interested in a breast procedure or any other cosmetic body or facial procedure, contact our office today to schedule a consultation. Also, Be sure to connect with Pittman Plastic Surgery on Facebook and Instagram for the latest news in plastic surgery and skin care.
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- Breast lift vs. Breast augmentation
- How Long is Recovery from Breast Augmentation?
- Can I Get Implants with My Breast Lift?
- How to Achieve a Natural Breast Augmentation Look
- Can I Get Breast Implants After a Breast Lift?
- Why Breast Augmentation is Growing in Popularity in 2019
- What Are Gummy Implants? Everything You Need to Know.
- How Much Does a Breast Augmentation Cost?
- What Can I Expect During My Breast Augmentation Consult?
- What’s New In Breast Augmentation
- What Will My Breasts Really Look Like After Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Saline vs. Silicone: Insight on Breast Implants
- How do I know which Implant Profile is right for my Breast Augmentation?
- Silicone Breast Implants Celebrate the 50th Anniversary
- The Naked Truth: What Can I Expect After Breast Surgery?