Breast Augmentation Recovery
Are you interested in breast augmentation surgery, but concerned about what the recovery entails?
We hear you. That’s why we’ve shed light on what you can expect from your breast augmentation recovery, including how long it may last.
Your Timeline for Breast Augmentation Recovery
1. The First Week: Expect some tightness and discomfort.
Immediately after your breast augmentation surgery, you’ll likely feel groggy and “out of it”; those are the after-effects of general anesthesia. That’s why we require someone to drive you home from surgery. You may also want to arrange for some home care during the first couple of days after your surgery.
We recommend resting and relaxing as much as possible during this time, but we do want you up and about walking around. You should also avoid lifting anything over the weight of a gallon of milk, about 5 pounds. If you have small children at home, consider arranging for their care.
2. The Second Week: Getting closer to normal.
Most patients can return to work after 5-7 days following the surgery. The only exception to this rule is if you have a more physical job that requires lifting; if that’s the case, you may want to wait until after your second week of recovery to return to work.
Towards the end of your second week of recovery, you may be given the green light to engage in light physical activities. You should also attend your follow-up appointments as scheduled, as they’re crucial for your plastic surgeon to check in with your healing process.
3. The Third and Fourth Weeks: Light at the end of the tunnel.
At this time, you’ll start feeling more like yourself again. Depending on how you’re healing, you may be able to engage in more robust exercise regimens again (pending your plastic surgeon’s recommendation).
You may also notice that the muscles are starting to relax and the implants starting to drop. That’s because your results are starting to become much more noticeable; you can expect final breast augmentation results to appear about three to four months after your initial surgery.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn more about what you can expect from your breast augmentation recovery?
Schedule your consultation at Pittman Plastic Surgery in Athens, GA. Pittman Plastic Surgery serves the Athens metro region. (706) 549-3203
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- Breast lift vs. Breast augmentation
- Can I Get Implants with My Breast Lift?
- How to Achieve a Natural Breast Augmentation Look
- Can I Get Breast Implants After a Breast Lift?
- Why Breast Augmentation is Growing in Popularity in 2019
- What Are Gummy Implants? Everything You Need to Know.
- How Much Does a Breast Augmentation Cost?
- What Can I Expect During My Breast Augmentation Consult?
- What’s New In Breast Augmentation
- What Will My Breasts Really Look Like After Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Do I Need a Breast Lift or Augmentation?
- Saline vs. Silicone: Insight on Breast Implants
- How do I know which Implant Profile is right for my Breast Augmentation?
- Silicone Breast Implants Celebrate the 50th Anniversary
- The Naked Truth: What Can I Expect After Breast Surgery?