Botox vs. Juvederm
It seems like everywhere you look, there’s a new anti-aging injection being added to the market. Yet there are two injections that continue to stand out from the crowd: Botox and Juvederm. Both are excellent choices for patients who want to look younger. Both injections can be performed in about 15 minutes, making them great lunchtime procedures.
But when it comes down to it, which one is actually better: Botox or Juvederm?
The Scoop on Botox
Botox is an FDA-approved injection that uses a purified protein to smooth away the appearance of wrinkles and lines, particularly on the forehead, between the eyebrows, and at the crow’s feet. Botox was one of the first anti-aging fillers to be introduced to the market, and it’s still popular, for good reason: results are quick and effective. Botox results last for up to three months.
All About Juvederm
Juvederm is an anti-aging dermal filler that uses a hyaluronic acid base to effectively “lift” up the skin’s surface, thus smoothing away deep wrinkles and lines. Juvederm is particularly effective at treating nasolabial folds, and hollow cheeks, and can even add volume to thin lips.
Juvederm is also designed to trigger the body’s collagen production, resulting in smoother and younger-looking skin over a longer period of time. Juvederm results can last about six to nine months, depending on the product and placement of the injection.
Okay, But Which One is Better?
The truth is, one is not better than the other – they have different formulas and different goals in mind. If you want to treat forehead wrinkles and lines, Botox may be a better option for you; if however, you want to treat hollowed-out cheeks or deep facial folds, you may see better results with a Juvederm filler.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn more about the differences between Botox and Juvederm, including which one is right for you? Schedule your consultation at Pittman Plastic Surgery in Athens, GA. Pittman Plastic Surgery serves the Athens metro region. (706) 549-3203
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- How much does Botox cost?
- Is Botox Safe?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Can I Reduce Wrinkles Without Needing Surgery?
- The 411 on the Non-Surgical Facelift
- What is Unique About the Injection Specialists at Pittman Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Know I’m Going to the Right Place for My Botox Injections?
- Is a Liquid Facelift Possible?
- Top 3 Non-Surgical Procedures to Look My Best This Holiday Season
- 5 Things to Know About Brotox
- How Often Will I Need Botox Treatments to Maintain My Results?
- Love Your Lips, Lose Your Lines: Which Injectable is Right For You?
- What is the Difference Between Botox and Dermal Fillers?
- “Brotox” and Men’s Plastic Surgery
- Non-Surgical Procedures for your Face
- Botox® Cosmetic as Early Preventative Wrinkle Treatments