Is there a Difference between Botox and Dermal Fillers?
Let’s face it – the thought of turning back the clock on your appearance is definitely appealing. That’s why you’ve been more interested in learning about the range of anti-aging injections currently on the market, including neurotoxins like Botox and dermal fillers. Both types of injectables claim to help you look more youthful, and – when used correctly – can provide natural-looking results.
But when it comes down to it, what are the actual differences between Botox and dermal fillers?
As it turns out, there are quite a few differences, since they have different functions altogether. Let’s take a look at the main differences, and what kind of results you can expect from each treatment:
Botox and other neurotoxins have been around for many years– and for good reason! These injectables contain a neurotoxin that interrupts the signals between the brain and the nerve endings in the treatment area. As a result, the muscles become weakened which prompts the skin above the muscle to relax and soften.
Botox is an excellent solution for patients who are looking to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, especially in the forehead region and around the eyes. Results from Botox can be seen within 2 weeks and can last anywhere from 3 to 6 months.
These anti-aging injectables contain hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring compound that’s used to trigger collagen and elastin production within the skin. Most dermal fillers use a thick hyaluronic acid gel to add temporary volume at the injection site. These fillers are injected around the cheeks to add youthful-looking augmentation. Some dermal fillers are used to fill in folds and deep lines around the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds).
Dermal fillers are great for clients who have lost significant volume around the mid-to-lower facial regions. Dermal filler results can vary, but most results last between 12 to 24 months.
Want to see which anti-aging injectable is right for you? Schedule your consultation with our team at Pittman Plastic Surgery in Athens, GA.
Take the Next Step
To learn if you’re a candidate for any of these feminine wellness and health treatments, schedule your consultation at Pittman Plastic Surgery in Athens, GA. Pittman Plastic Surgery serves the northeast Athens metro region. (706) 549-3203
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- How much does Botox cost?
- Is Botox Safe?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Can I Reduce Wrinkles Without Needing Surgery?
- The 411 on the Non-Surgical Facelift
- Botox vs. Juvederm: Which One is Better?
- What is Unique About the Injection Specialists at Pittman Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Know I’m Going to the Right Place for My Botox Injections?
- Is a Liquid Facelift Possible?
- Top 3 Non-Surgical Procedures to Look My Best This Holiday Season
- 5 Things to Know About Brotox
- How Often Will I Need Botox Treatments to Maintain My Results?
- Love Your Lips, Lose Your Lines: Which Injectable is Right For You?
- “Brotox” and Men’s Plastic Surgery
- Non-Surgical Procedures for your Face
- Botox® Cosmetic as Early Preventative Wrinkle Treatments