Botox treatments can play an important part in any anti-aging skincare regimen; after all, consistent injections can smooth away forehead wrinkles and lines, as well as minimize the appearance of crow’s feet.
But what do we mean by “consistent”? How often will you need Botox treatments to maintain your results?
The answer largely depends on the severity of the wrinkles and fine lines you’re aiming to treat. For example, if you have deep forehead wrinkles, you may need to undergo Botox injections more often than someone who is using Botox for purely preventative measures. In general, you should expect to undergo a Botox treatment every three to six months.
Here’s why: Botox’s primary active ingredient is botulinum toxin, a safe protein that interrupts the nerve signaling between the brain and the muscle at the injection site. Our forehead muscles, in particular, are in constant motion, whether we’re talking, smiling, or even just concentrating. These repetitive movements can lead to the formation of wrinkles and exacerbate the appearance of existing lines. Botox helps relax the skin above the injection site by preventing this consistent muscle movement, thus smoothing away the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Botox is popular, effective, and FDA-approved for the treatment of forehead lines and crow’s feet. Fun fact: It’s also been cleared by the FDA for the treatment of excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) and migraines.
Your plastic surgeon or Botox specialist will help you better understand what kind of maintenance schedule you should expect from this treatment. It’s recommended that you start off with a conservative plan, as doing so ensures that you achieve the results you’re most comfortable with.
To learn if you’re a candidate for Botox injections, schedule your consultation at Pittman Plastic Surgery in Athens, GA. Pittman Plastic Surgery serves the Athens metro region. (706) 549-3203
More blogs we think you will enjoy:
- How much does Botox cost?
- Is Botox Safe?
- 5 Top Non-Surgical Procedures to Prep for the Holidays
- How Can I Reduce Wrinkles Without Needing Surgery?
- The 411 on the Non-Surgical Facelift
- Botox vs. Juvederm: Which One is Better?
- What is Unique About the Injection Specialists at Pittman Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Know I’m Going to the Right Place for My Botox Injections?
- Is a Liquid Facelift Possible?
- Top 3 Non-Surgical Procedures to Look My Best This Holiday Season
- 5 Things to Know About Brotox
- Love Your Lips, Lose Your Lines: Which Injectable is Right For You?
- What is the Difference Between Botox and Dermal Fillers?
- “Brotox” and Men’s Plastic Surgery
- Non-Surgical Procedures for your Face
- Botox® Cosmetic as Early Preventative Wrinkle Treatments